I ♥ my followers:

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birchbox (open box) & First Impressions

Hey guys! Sorry for being MIA :( I've been sick the past couple of days & I think it just got worst. I really wanted to do a post for you guys though, even if I'm not 100% feeling better. However, feel free to follow me on Twitter if you'd like to know what I'm up to :) I logged onto blogger to see that my follower list has climbed, again :) I love you guys, seriously. New followers --> Jasmine, Moeri, L. Dupree & Michelle. Halfway there till I do a giveaway :)

So I'm sure that everyone knows what Birchbox is. If you don't, it's basically a website where you sign up & every month they send you deluxe samples of beauty products & if you like the product enough, you can order the full size product off their website. It's $10 a month & you can cancel anytime. For $10 a month, I decided to sign up :) This is a great way to try products for a fraction of the price. They send you about 4-5 deluxe samples every month.

The main thing that I love about this is that the samples are actually decent. I've received samples before from companies & they barely give you enough product to even last 2 days! But with Birchbox, the samples are huge, hence the word 'deluxe'. The products are wrapped beautifully in tissue paper with a bow :) They give you a greeting card & if you turn it over, it gives you a brief description of all the products you received for that month & the prices for the full size items incase you wanted to purchase them.

Here's the products that I received this month.




-Stila Eyeshadow in Pewter
-Bulgari Fragrance
-Archipelago Pomegranate Soap
-Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
-Tiny Print Card (Customizable Greeting Cards)

I only liked one thing from this & it was the Stila eyeshadow. Stila eyeshadows are pigmented & creamy. I love how they blend so easily. Pewter is a darkish gray color. Great for a smokey eye. I can't wait to use it.

The rest of the products were "bleh" to me. I don't hate them, but I don't really care for them either. The Bulgari fragrance isn't something I would use. It's a little too strong for my taste. Kinda reminds me of an old lady scent. The soap is okay. I don't really care for bar soaps. However, it does smell good though so that's a plus. The mineral hand cream is okay too. I'm not a huge fan of hand creams. I don't even really care for lotion. But this hand cream does moisturize well but I don't think it's something that I'd reach for all the time and last but not least, the card. It was a "treat." They sent me a blank card with a cute design on it. I really find no use for that unless it's a special occasion, but by the time a special occasion rolls around, I will have forgotten about the card ^_^

I can't wait to see what I get next month. The suspense really gets to you. I kinda like that aspect LOL. So if you haven't already, go sign up for Birchbox! I'd love to see what you guys get every month :)

On another note, yall know that I'm still crying about my Lakers getting swept away :( I seriously just can't get over it. That really ruined the week, actually the month, no...maybe the YEAR for me. Ok, maybe not but it has done some damage in my life LOL. I must say though that I loved what Bynum & Odom did. *evil face* When you're mad, you're mad. We all throw tantrums like that once in a while. Don't act like you don't. Hahaha. Sore losers? NAW. Boys will be boys muahahahaha.

So we went to Nissan the other day.. again. I wanted to trade my car in lmao. I don't know why I'm so fuckin' indecisive. I SWEAR. I can never seem to make up my mind. This car was sexy & I wanted it so bad.


2011 Nissan Altima. It was the only one in the parking lot that looked sporty. The rest looked tourist like. It was automatic though & no leather seats! And come on now, let's be real. I'm not rich so of course, I couldn't get the car LMAO. But it would've been one hell of a Mothers Day gift, don't ya think?

5 comments:

Mara said...

I loved my Birchbox for this month but I think I would have loved it better with a Stila eyeshadow. LUCKY YOU. :)

Ke said...

i'm trying to decide if i want to join birchbox...would you say it's worth it?

ke
my makeup blog: blissfullyke.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Mara - Awww maybe next month :) I was actually surprised to see that I got Stila & they're like fullsized shadows too! They just don't come in a case. They come in a plastic container.

Ke - I think it's worth it. You do get 4-5 deluxe samples a month & this is a good chance to sample higher end beauty products :) If you don't like it, you can cancel at anytime. If you suscribe to Birchbox, let me know how it goes :)

swtlitocherrie said...

I pretty much got the same thing as you! except my stila eyeshadow color was in mahogany instead of pewter =p

Lisa said...

Lucky. Don't you just love Stila eyeshadows?!