I ♥ my followers:

Monday, September 26, 2011

Birchbox: September

Where do I start? First off, my Birchbox was nearly a week & a half late. WTF?! I usually receive my Birchbox subscription around the 8th-10th of every month. Would you look at the date today? (this post was pre-blogged on 09/21/11) Mmm hmm. I am not a fan of tardiness, especially when I'm paying for something! I expect to receive things on their appropriate dates.

Secondly, everything in the box was 'whatever'. It's useless to me IMHO. This is the second month in a row that I paid $10 for samples that I know I'll never or barely put to use because I don't need/want them. In all honesty I'll probably put the nail strips to use just to test them out & that's about it.

Yes, I understand that this is kind of a "hit or miss" thing but to receive crappy samples just 2 months in a row plus late shipment is totally unacceptable, especially if you're paying for it :(

I'm beyond annoyed about everything BIRCHBOX right now. So if you're curious to see what I received for my September Birchbox then keep on reading. I'm sure everyone probably already know what's in the September boxes. Unfortunately I didn't because mine was late. Errrrr!




So what do you guys think? Should I cancel my subscription or wait to see what October's box will be like? Has any of you subscribed to Birchbox before & canceled due to the products you were receiving? Let me know!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Yaaay! Can comment at lightning speed!! Haha, girl cancel! I hear that's all those boxes mostly are, little samples. I say waste of money? And I always hear people saying there box is late. I will never subscribe to them. Just my opinion. However I do subscribe to julep maven have u seen my post on it? =)

Miss Tapia said...

I think you should wait and see what October's had. I am going to subscribe.

jenwoonani said...

I've always wanted to try Birchbox, but youre right, it's definitely hit or miss. I'm a little worried of getting things I don't want. Hmm, but then again, some other absolutely rave about it! Maybe give if one more month and see if they send you better things!?

Elba said...

I know how you feel! I was pretty disappointed with this box. I've been trying to put all the things to use to see if I like anything and it it perhaps proves me wrong but so far it's been kind of... meh. Plus, I would be totally annoyed if I got this box THAT late... that's pretty late. I'm holding out 'til December just to see if the box is awesome for Christmas! I know I've wasted 10 dollars on worse things but 10 bucks a month adds up!

HeartDollie♥ said...

girl, I have no idea what happened, when Birchbox first started there products were amazing, & since they been getting bigger as a company there products have went down hill, I`m thinking of cancelling mine too! girl I don`t even know lols!

<3 Dollie.

Sheri said...

Have you heard about SkinCareRx's Beauty Cache? It's kind of like birchbox, but it isn't on a subscription basis so you can get it when you want. You see all of the products beforehand and get 3 to 4 times the amount. It isn't as "cute" as the birchbox, but has a better selection, size, and quality. The only downer is that usually contains more skincare stuff than makeup. You would think with their partnership with Apothica that they could put more makeup in it though. One can dream.