I ♥ my followers:

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

REVIEW: Sinful Colors Crackle Nail Polish

Product name: Sinful Colors Black Crackle
Purchased at: Walgreens
Product price: $4.99

Product claims: I could not find information on this at this time.


Would I re-purchase? Yes!

Final thoughts: I've never tried the OPI or China Glaze crackle polishes before only because they're just hard to find in my area & online is always sold out. However, I will settle for this. I do like the crackle effect. You definitely have to apply a thin coat of crackle nail polish & quickly to get a nice crackle effect. As you can see in the photos, I applied a thick coat. The crackling effect will start to take place almost immediately which is something cool to watch. It also dries fast. I used different brands of nail polishes to see if the crackle polish would give different results. It pretty much gives the same results. I wish I picked up a few more of these so I could give some away. I will stop by my Walgreens again tomorrow to get some & I hope they're not sold out already :( Have you tried this out yet? If so, lmk what you think of it.




Nail polishes used from left to right:
Sinful Colors Folly, Revlon Ocean, China Glaze For Audrey & Milani Purple Rush.

9 comments:

jenwoonani said...

Oh, whaaa?? Sinful Colors has a crackle collection?? I need to get on that! :D I like that you colored each nail different before applying the crackle! Something so simple, but I never thought of that. I'm definitely trying this!

♥ tiffany said...

From the looks of your nails, the Sinful Colors crackle works just as well as O.P.I. ones but without the hefty price tag! I'll definitely give them a try! Thanks for the review!

Jessica said...

Omg i had no idea they had crackles. Must buy! Thnx hun.

Teli said...

Omg i love your nails girl!

xoxo
teli

PopBlush said...

I absolutely love that China Glaze shade on you hun~

Little Petite said...

I love the Revlon Ocean =)

Paola pineda said...

I tried but it didn't work! Is there something I doing wrong? I had nail polish on for like a week then I bought the crackle polish and put it on, but it doesn't want to crackle!!! HELP!!!

Lisa said...

@Paola pineda - I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Try applying a really thin coat. If not then a try a little thicker coat. And if that still doesn't work then I'm not sure what else I can tell you. Remember what might work for me might not work for you. Update me.

Anonymous said...

@everyone and anyone who can't get it to work: I just got mine tonight (at walgreens, non-the-less) and I was experiencing some of the same problems. So far, it seems the best plan is to take off any nail polish you had on before, put on a new layer (2 coats is best) and then, when you put on the crackle, slide one side of the brush against the side (like you do with normal nail polish to avoid really think coats)then using the side you didn't wipe, rush it onto your nails. It will probably be really thin, but you can apply another coat. If you try to add thick coats, it comes out REALLY gloopy and doesn't work. Hope I help!