I ♥ my followers:

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Welcome to the World Baby Jadelyn!

I finally took a break from the real world just to write this post. I have been so busy attending to Jadelyn & no matter how exhausting it is, I'm loving every minute of it.

So the day I have been waiting 9 long months for finally came! I was 4 days away from my due date. All I know is that I was excited to go to my doctors appointment that morning because I wanted to know if I've dilated more than 1 centimeter. I was sick of being stuck at 1cm for 3 weeks! Right before we headed out to my doctors appointment I went to use the bathroom. To my surprise, my mucous plug had fallen out. I was super excited because I knew that labor was near! I ran to share the news with Pat. He was super excited as well.

At the doctors office, Doc shared some good news. I was 3cm dilated by now & it was pretty much just a waiting game. He said I could give birth that day or a few days later. I didn't have any contractions so we just went home & I opted to just lounge around in our bedroom watching tv & painting my toenails. I didn't care to take a shower or call anyone because I wasn't having contractions so I thought that labor was not happening anytime soon. Boy was I wrong.

We left the house at around 1:30pm to pick up Landon from school & the whole ride there I kept telling Pat that I was having a ton of braxton hicks (or so I thought that's what they were) because they didn't hurt at the time. I used a contraction counter on my phone & every "braxton hicks" I got were actually 6 minutes apart! By the time we got to the school parking lot, my "braxton hicks" were starting to get a little intense. I told Pat that we needed to head straight to the hospital.

When I got to the hospital, they checked to see how far I was dilated. I was already 5cm! I asked the nurse if I could shower before I was put into bed & had all those wires strapped onto me. The doctor came in & popped my water bag. I stayed at 5cm for almost 2 hours. He then asked me to get out of bed & go walking to try to get labor moving a little faster & that's exactly what I did.

I wanted to give birth without using any type of pain medication. That was my original plan from the get go. Man, I tried so hard & failed in the end. As I reach 9cm, I swear I could've killed someone LOL. I was in so much pain that I begged for that damn epidural. My mom & boyfriend tried so hard to talk me out of it but I just couldn't. I waited for what felt like a lifetime for that epidural. I got shot in the back twice because the doctor missed the first time. Oh, how I wanted to scream at him. He injected me both times in the spine while I was having a contraction & it sucked that I couldn't move. Imagine having a needle going into your spine during a contraction, being curled up into a ball & not being able to move. Yeah, it sucked so bad. After the shot though I felt so much better. I literally shut my mouth & went to sleep LOL. The nurses & doctors were probably relieved at how quiet my room was. All of a sudden there were no profanity being yelled out HAHAHAHA.

Had I waited out the pain for 15 more minutes I would have given birth without any medication :( But trust me, when you're in that much pain, 15 minutes feels like 15 years. No joke! I was a trooper at pushing Jadelyn out though. It took me 3 pushes & only 5 minutes to get her out! I fell in love the minute I saw her. Every time I look at her I fall in love over again. I seriously lose sleep because I spend hours just watching her sleep before I fall asleep.

She's such a great baby. The only time she cries is when she's hungry or needs a diaper change. She spends the whole day sleeping so that's good because I can get things done around the house. I'm usually the one that wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse/feed her. Breastfeeding is so different this time around as well. I had a hard time nursing Landon. With Jadelyn she is a boobie lover LOL. She does get frustrated at times & that's when we give her a bottle but I try to nurse her as often as I can. She doesn't really like formula so breast milk is all she's been drinking lately. Yay me ;)

So, I introduce to you guys my my baby girl,

Jadelyn Taylor
Born on: Monday, February 6, 2012 at 7:49 p.m.
7 lbs. 13 oz., 19 1/4 inches







She also had her very first photo shoot with Aunty Mariah at just 5 days old. I can't wait to see those pictures. But here's a little sneak peek of it. Isn't she adorable? And of course, the only thing she has of me is my chinky eyes. She looks all over Landon & Pat. Go figure, daddy's genes are strong.



Jadelyn's feet would like to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day hahaha. I'll be posting more pictures of her as soon as I get her photo shoot pictures. Till then, talk to you all in my next post!

14 comments:

Mercedes said...

She is beautiful!!! I LOVE her mouth!!!!! lol Sweet pictures! Enjoy and relax!

arsyparsy said...

Wow! Congratulations! What an experience! I cannot imagine what you must have gone through..!
You have such beautiful baby girl! Awww, adorable! x

chaya bunny said...

She is so... PRECIOUS!!! Congrats to you guys, she's a beautiful little one!

Che said...

She's so precious and cute lisa! Congrats to you for the birth of your baby girl and wow what a labor story but dang having to get shot twice.., hope mommy and baby along with the whole fam are doing well and enjoying the new bundle of joy. Love the pro shots as well, so cute using the footsies to spell live.

PassionForPolish said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful :)

Jessica said...

omfgggggg congrats doll. shes gorgeous.. n omg epidual ey hehe u lasted longer then me i wanted it at 7 lol they poked me three times and same thing while i was getting contractions.. except my turn out was bad i suffered alot from those three pokes glad ur ok after two their effen professionals how can they get it wrong ughhh lol i hate that topic anywhos im dying over the last two pics she looks so peaceful wat an angel girl bless u and your lovely family... do u have bags? lol my lil ones a cryer so i literlally get only 2-3 hours of sleep a nght... congrats again take care

Maria Oliveira said...

Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
I'm following your blog now!

I invite you to visit my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog, you will be very welcome, feel at home!

Oh, there's a translator at the end of my blog, welcome and enjoy!

Kisses from Brazil

http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

Miss Tapia said...

Too cute. Congratulations!

Shuikaybb said...

Aww congratulations!! She looks so beautiful and healthy! It is so funny reading other peoples birth experience so glad that you have shared yours :). I can't imagine how it feels again giving birth 9months ago!

gillybeancandyjar said...

those lips!!! so precious and beautiful :) congrats!

Wifezilla Hekela said...

awwwww so cute!! Congrats to you and yourz! Very precious!

Kirsty said...

Awww she is perfect, so beautiful and I love the name. I have been following your blog for a while, really enjoy reading your posts. Would love you to check out my blog and follow me back :) Thanks :D

Susan Lolo Bua said...

aww.. the baby is so adorable!
you are bless have cute baby!

Lisa said...

Thank you everyone!